HII opens East Bank facility

PASCAGOULA, Miss. = Huntingon Ingalls Industries has restored a facility damaged in 2005 by Hurricane Katrina and moved a future U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer to the site on Pascagoula River’s east bank. Ingalls Shipbuilding division transferred the USS Delbert D. Black to Pier Four after reactivation of the 187-acre east bank that includes storage facilities and covered construction areas. The company salvaged various historical structures such as a concrete slab with Robert Ingalls Sr.'s carved initials and 1930-era guard house bricks. More than 100,000 tons of concrete were removed and recycled in the project. The east bank will also feature LED lighting systems, according to HII. (Source: ExecutiveBiz, 06/09/20)

Call Toll-Free: (800) 362-0103  •  Fax: (228) 762-8431  •  Email: hobrien@jcedf.org  P.O. Drawer 1558, Pascagoula, MS 39568-1558   
©2015, Jackson County Economic Development Foundation, Inc.